Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only


Saint Augustine,

Saint Augustine, Bishop of Hippo. One of the oldest religious teaching orders of the Catholic Church, the Order of Saint Augustine founded Villanova in 1842. This stone statue stands watch over the Villanova campus by day and by night. The statue has been moved many times in the history of Villanova. Presently this statue of Saint Augustine faces the rear of the Augustinian Monastery of Saint Thomas of Villanova.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 


The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.