Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Beginnings

1842-1865


First college seal

The Board of Trustees authorized the first Villanova College Seal on 30 December 1848. It closely resembled the seal of the Augustinian Community and featured a Bible, cross, crozier, cincture, and heart pierced by an arrow. The seal was without inscription.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 

 

The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.