Second Villanova College Seal
This seal was adopted on 15 December 1876. It was a circular seal about
one and one-half inches in diameter and bore the legend: COLLEGIUM S. THOMAE DE VILLANOVA
ORD. EREM. S. AUGUSTININI (COLLEGE OF ST. THOMAS OF VILLANOVA OF THE ORDER OF HERMITS OF
ST. AUGUSTINE). It also bore the figure of Saint Thomas of Villanova attired in cope and
miter, holding a crozier and money bag, which were symbolic of his office as an archbishop
and the administrator of charities, an appointment that he held from the King of Spain.
(Original pen and ink drawing.)
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.