Villanova College in 1879
Prominently displayed is the College Building (in middle)
with its newly completed center and west wings. Both the building and its elaborate landscaping faced north toward
the railroad station, where most students would have arrived and departed
at the time. In the foreground is a train of the Pennsylvania Railroad, successor to the
Philadelphia and Columbia Railroad. (Lithograph by Hunter, Philadelphia).
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next
Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.