Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Jubilee Years


Interior of new church

Interior of new church

Built in the Victorian Gothic style, the church has been the center of spiritual life on the Villanova campus for more than a century. It was designed by architect Edwin F. Durang and constructed between 1883 and 1887. The most notable stained glass window in the building is the resplendent representation of Saint Thomas of Villanova set above the church’s front doorways. This and the other stained glass windows in the building were donated by several Augustinian parishes in the Philadelphia area and by two New York parishes, Saint Joseph in Greenwich and Immaculate Conception in Hoosick Falls.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 


The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.