This Belle Air mansion,
much enlarged, belonging to
John Rudolph and his family and purchased by the Augustinians in 1841.
The earliest section of the house had been built about 1806. A large rear
extension was constructed in 1852 and a fourth floor, executed in the then
popular Mansard style, was added in 1879. It served as a monastery,
residence hall, classroom building, and finally as a seminary building.
It was named Saint Rita’s Hall in early 1903 after the completion of a new
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next
Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.