Villanova’s Goodreau Stadium
was built as part of a program of school expansion during
the 1920s. The stadium honors Leo Francis Goodreau, who was fatally
injured in a varsity football practice in 1928. The south side, seen
here, was completed in 1927, but the construction of the north side was
not finished until 1929.
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next
Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.