This scene followed the disastrous fire of 28 January 1928
At the time losses were estimated at two million collars.
Main College Hall was for many years the administrative, academic, and
residential center of the campus. It was rebuilt in 1929 largely within
the original exterior walls, and named in honor of Saint Nicholas of
Tolentine in 1960. Between 1929 and 1960 it was known as Mendel Hall,
which should not be confused with a later building of the same name.
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next
Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.