Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Villanova in the Twenties

1920-1932

Main college hall






Main College Hall

This scene followed the disastrous fire of 28 January 1928.  At the time losses wee estimated at two million dollars.  This building was for many years the administrative, academic, and residential center of the campus.  It was rebuilt in 1929 and named in honor of Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in 1960.  Between 1929 and 1960 it was known as Mendel Hall, which should not be confused with a later building of the same name.  Paul Monaghan designed the rebuilt structure.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 

 

The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.