Saint Thomas of Villanova Monastery
was named in honor of Saint Thomas of Villanova, a
sixteenth-century Augustinian archbishop and educator. This structure,
designed by architects Henry D. Dagit and Sons, was built to replace the
monastery of 1899, which was destroyed by fire on 2 August 1932. The dome
of Alumni Hall is visible on the right. (Photograph by Alan Nyiri, 1991).
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next
Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.