This decree was granted on 18 November 1953 by The Court of Common Pleas
of Delaware County and marked the beginning of Villanovas legal existence as a
university. Depicted in the illuminated capital "A" are from left to right:
Reverend Francis X.N. McGuire, O.S.A., D.D.; Reverend Joseph M. Dougherty, O.S.A., Ph.D.;
and Reverend James A. Donnellon, O.S.A., Ph.D.
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.