This building was named in honor of Mother Katharine Mary
Drexel (1858-1955), founder of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
(1891). Having inherited a fortune from her banker father, mother
Katharine used it to fund mission schools and churches for Native and
African-Americans. (Photograph by Adam F. Kelly).
|| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.