Tuition reductions may be offered to qualified teachers and other educators who enroll in most graduate programs in the Arts or Sciences.* This reduction is offered to teachers, counselors, and other administrators whose jobs involve the direct academic supervision of students on a day-to-day basis in grade schools and high schools (those who work in colleges, universities and pre-schools are not eligible):
*The tuition reduction for educators does not apply in the following graduate programs: Human Resource Development (online); Public Administration (online); and Masters in Education Plus Certification.
- Teachers and administrators at Catholic grade schools and high schools receive a 40% tuition reduction from the standard tuition rate.
- Teachers and administrators at public or private non-Catholic grade schools and high schools receive a 20% tuition reduction from the standard tuition rate.
How to Apply for the Reduced Tuition Rate for Educators
- Applicants for the tuition reduction for educators must be accepted for enrollment into one of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences. That is, they must proceed with the usual application process.
- Applicants must be a full-time or part-time teacher or administrator in a primary or secondary school (i.e. grade schools and high schools. Those who work at colleges, universities and preschools are not eligible). A part-time teacher must be under contract for the current school year and must show his/her contract. A substitute teacher must have served as a substitute teacher the semester previous to enrollment, must be able to document subbing at least 60 days during that semester and must show pay stubs or letters from administrators verifying the number of days worked.
- Full-time teachers and administrators applying for the reduced tuition rate must submit a tuition reduction form (see the download button below) at least two weeks before classes start in the applicant's first semester. Once the form has been completed, it should be forwarded to the Chairperson of the student’s program. The department reviews and verifies the information on the form and forwards it to the Dean's Office for approval. For full-time teachers and administrators, the reductions will continue to be applied to subsequent semesters.
- Please note that retroactive reductions will not be applied toward already completed semesters of study.
- Part-time and substitute teachers applying for the reduced tuition rate must submit a tuition reduction form (see the download button below) at the beginning of every semester in which they are enrolled. Once the form has been completed, it should be forwarded along with the necessary documentation to the Chairperson of the student’s program. The department reviews and verifies the information on the form and forwards it to the Dean's Office for approval.