Except for Counseling (CHR) and Theology PhD students, a student must seek formal permission from his/her graduate program and the Graduate Dean to enroll in 12 credits in the fall or spring semesters, or for more than 6 credits in the summer. Students requesting an overload should have at least a grade point average of 3.50.

Students enrolled in programs that operate on an accelerated eight-week calendar are not permitted to overload.