Advising: Explore and Experience (ASPD 1000) is a 1-credit course designed specifically for first-semester students in the Arts division of the CLAS.
The course aims to help students get the most out of their experience in the College by providing structured guidance on important aspects of academic life--especially the process of selecting a major—and by introducing students to valuable University and CLAS resources.
The course is taught by faculty advisors in collaboration with the staff of several student support and development offices.
ASPD 1000 serves as the foundational course for other 1-credit ASPD courses.
ASPD 1000 LEARNING GOALS AND OUTCOMES
· Transition effectively from high school to college
· Understand the value of a liberal education
· Become an active, engaged, self-aware student
· Gain knowledge about the Villanova curriculum
· Explore educational directions and possible majors, minors, and concentrations
· Understand how time management and study skills contribute to academic success
· Develop strategies to manage stress and promote health
· Learn about resources and opportunities for professional development
Office for Undergraduate Students
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Saint Augustine Center 107