Who am I? Who do I want to become? What is my obligation to my neighbor? Who is my neighbor? How will I contribute to the common good? Through Caritas community you will gain wisdom about yourself, your community and the community in which you serve
- The syllabus become familiar with goals, homework assignments, how you access readings and the service schedule. Please come prepared with questions
- Introduction to Service Learning: Jacoby, Barbara. Service Learning Essentials San Francisco: Josey Bass, 2015. Chapter 1
· Part I In the tradition of St. Augustine you will begin by getting to know yourself and others. Write a letter to yourself.
- Part II
- What is the difference between service and service learning?
- Describe yourself how you feel right now, describe what you see, feel, hear and think about.
- Tell yourself what you need to do to succeed and to be happy.
- Be your own friend and warn yourself about patterns that could be destructive to yourself or others.
- How does knowing yourself help others?
- Name five characteristics that are essential in a good friend.
Quote: How can you draw close to God when you are far from your own self?” He prayed:” Grant, Lord, that I may know myself that I may know You” ~St. Augustine