What is the MBA Student Association?
The MBA Student Association (MBA SA) is a student-run organization dedicated to improving the overall experience of all Villanova graduate business students through coordinated events that focus on professional, social, and philanthropic themes. To accomplish our mission, we leverage the strengths and backgrounds of our diverse student body to deliver content that adds value to each Villanova graduate business student’s experience and benefits the University and surrounding community.
Structure and Membership
The MBA SA is comprised of the following clubs:
- Professional Development Committee: Devoted to helping students obtain “life & career skills” not learned in the classroom.This group has organized multiple events including guest speakers, on-campus recruitment assistance and a business etiquette dinner.
- Women in Business Committee: Formed to help promote and advance the career development of female business professionals.Club participants also have the opportunity to become members of the National Association of Women MBA’s (NAWMBA).
- Philanthropic Committee: Works to improve Villanova and its surrounding communities through sponsoring fundraisers for local charities, participating in local charitable events, and also sponsoring social activities for the Villanova MBA Community.Past sponsorships include: Special Olympics, Greater Philadelphia Cares and the CHOP Safe Kids Coalition.
Most students get involved with our organization by joining one of these three clubs in their first year. As students demonstrate active involvement and leadership within their clubs, they will be considered for leadership positions on the Board of Directors. The 2015-2016 MBA SA Board Members are:
- Bob Mainello – President
- Ray Clark – Vice President
- Nha Truong – Relationship Director
- Jonathan Juricic – President, Professional Development
- Katie Knight – President, Women in Business
- Michael Vassil – President, Philanthropy
We are currently recruiting members! To get involved in the MBA SA, contact Bob Mainello at email@example.com