Director: Justinus Satrio, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
Focus: Developing successful systems for utilizing bio-renewable materials to produce energy, liquid fuels and chemical products.
- Improvement of biomass qualities and biorefinery feedstocks.
- Energy densification of biomass by liquefaction.
- Utilizing/upgrading liquefied biomass (BCO).
- Sustainability and techno-economics assessments of biomass utilization systems.
The Biomass Resources and Conversion Technologies Laboratory consists of two facilities:
1. Biomass Conversion to Energy Laboratory (White Hall, Room 314), featuring:
- Torrefaction system
- GC/MS & Pyrolizer
2. Analytical Laboratory (White Hall, Room 320), equipped with:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma
- Thermogravimetric Analysis
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry