Director: Bridget Wadzuk, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Focus: Supports Villanova Urban Stormwater Partnership research into the hydrologic and environmental performance of numerous on campus stormwater control measures (SCMs).
- Total and dissolved solids testing.
- Storm and base flow water quality analysis, including nutrients, solids and metals from several SCMs on the VUSP Stormwater Research and Demonstration Park (i.e. rain gardens, green roof, constructed stormwater wetland and porous pavers).
- Bench scale tests to verify field data and examine specific chemical processes.
- Perkin Elmer AA800 Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
- Systea Scientific EasyCHEM Plus Discrete Analyzer
- HACH DR/4000 Spectrophotometer
- HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- PE ZL 4100 Graphite Furnace & PE 2380 Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
The campus stormwater infrastructure is an extension of this lab and is used extensively in undergraduate water resources classes. The field sites include a constructed stormwater wetland, porous paving, green roof and several infiltration test sites (e.g. rain gardens, vegetated swales and infiltration trenches).