Vendors providing hired ground transportation for the Villanova University community are required to provide the Insurance and Risk Management Department with their US DOT Numbers. The Insurance and Risk Management Department will then check the Transportation Vendor’s U.S. Department of Transportation safety rating and related safety metrics to determine if the Transportation Vendor meets Villanova’s safety criteria.
Transportation Vendors are required to carry the below insurance and provide evidence via a certificate of insurance.
Insurance Requirements- Transportation Vendor
- Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
- Villanova University named as additional insured
- General Liability: $5,000,000 each occurrence
- Automobile Liability: $5,000,000 each accident
The General and Automobile Liability limits may be met via an Umbrella/ Excess Liability policy.
- Workers Compensation: Statutory*
- Employers Liability: $100,000/ $500,000/ $100,000*
If your maximum limits do not meet the above required limits, please provide a certificate evidencing your maximum limits and advise that these are your maximum limits. It is recognized that certain small vendors, contractors, or groups may not meet Villanova University’s standard insurance requirement limits. In those cases, a request for an exception may be made to the Insurance and Risk Management Department. However, no exceptions to the limits outlined above are permitted without the approval of the Insurance and Risk Management Department.
If the Transportation Vendor is providing services outside of the United States, the Insurance and Risk Management Department should be consulted for appropriate insurance requirements where services will be provided.
Note: Transportation Vendors may not subcontract services to a third party.