Please review these instructions prior to completion of the application.
Students begin this program in cohort groups, in Summer Session I. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. As soon as applications are complete and all supporting documentation has been received, applicants are reviewed by the DNP Admission Review Board and notified of the admission decision.
An interview should be scheduled with the Program Director in the summer or fall as you are preparing your application. A telephone interview can be arranged if distance precludes an on-site interview. Villanova's website has directions to campus and downloadable maps if you need them.
The following items comprise the complete application packet.
- Completed Online Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Application fee (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation from three professional contacts (see below)
- Interview with program faculty
- Essay (described below)
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions of higher education
- Copy of advanced practice license (for APRNs)
- Copy of National certification for APRNs and Nurse Administrators
- Evidence of scholarly writing (e.g. publication, grant, thesis, report, term paper or equivalent.
Submit completed online application with required documents to the DNP Program Office. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. As soon as applications are complete and all supporting documentation has been received, applicants are reviewed by the DNP Admission Review Board and notified of the admission decision.
Letter of Recommendation forms should be submitted on your behalf from three professional contacts who are able to speak to your potential as a nurse scholar. A recommendation from a doctorally prepared nurse as one of the three references is strongly recommended.
The essay consists of two (2) parts:
- A personal reflection should be submitted that addresses the following: rationale for selecting this particular doctoral program; description of your role aspirations; and what you expect to derive from doctoral study.
- Identify a healthcare issue that could be the basis for your DNP project. Discuss the issues as it reflects DNP Essentials [American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from DNP Essentials.
An official transcript from every previous college and school attended is to be sent directly to the Nursing DNP office using the address listed below.
Application fee (non-refundable)
The application requires a fee of seventy dollars ($70.00) payable in U.S. funds when application is submitted. Check or money order should be made payable to Villanova University.
All correspondence concerning application to the DNP Program in Nursing should be mailed to the following address:
Doctoral Program - Doctor of Nursing Practice
Villanova University M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing
319 Driscoll Hall
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085-1690
Contact us if you have questions about the program or the application process.
Upon acceptance background check directions will be provided.