If you are an international nurse applying for admission to the nursing program, please review the requirements below and the instructions for application and admission prior to completing the application.
- Complete the Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova for Admission to the College of Nursing program and fee of $80 (make check payable to "Villanova University") (non refundable).
- Completion of a basic nursing education program, with passing grades in all nursing courses as demonstrated by official transcripts. A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores. The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), which test proficiency in spoken and written English, is required of all international applications.
- TOEFL: Applicants must score at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 85 on the internet-based test, in order to be considered for admission. When registering for the TOEFL, please request that your results be sent directly to Villanova; our institutional code is 2959.
- IELTS: Applicants must score at least 7.0 in order to be considered for admission.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional contacts.
- Include your nursing work experience under "Activities" on the Common Application.
- Essay detailing "Why are you pursuing a bachelor's degree in nursing?".
- Certification of Finances * for program of study.
*Please note there is a $600 fee for the Clinical Decision Making Assessment (CDMA) required for the completetion of the BSN degree.