If weather conditions warrant a change of plans for an outdoor Commencement event, the decision will be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start. A message will be posted on the Villanova University homepage as well as (610) 519-4505 and (610) 519-8882.
University Commencement Ceremony Severe Weather Contingency Plans
Should severe weather conditions (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) force the rescheduling of the University Commencement Ceremony, the measures below will be in effect. We ask for your patience and understanding should the University Commencement Ceremony need to be rescheduled.
- Rescheduled Date: Saturday, May 19**
- Location: The Stadium
- Time: 10:00am (gates to the Stadium would open at 8:30am)
- Admittance: Only those in academic attire or with tickets will be admitted.
- Tickets: During cap and gown distribution, graduates will be given two tickets for the Commencement Ceremony. The same tickets are used for the rescehduled ceremony. Children under the age of three do not need tickets.
Ticket Distribution: Graduation seating tickets will be distributed to all graduates as part of the Graduation Fair in May.
**College Convocations would be canceled on Saturday. The schedule would include the University ceremony at 10am and Baccalaureate Mass at 4pm. Should the weather in the morning not allow a ceremony to take place, the University Ceremony and the Baccalaureate Mass would take place at 4pm in one event.
Commencement Ceremony Simulcast and Webcast Information
In the event of severe weather, there will be first come, first served seating at several additional simulcast viewing locations on campus:
- Bartley Hall: Room numbers 1001, 1010, 2001, 2010, 3001, 3010
- Driscoll Hall: Room numbers 132, 134, 221, 227, 240, 240, 246, 248
University Commencement Ceremony Live Video Streaming
The University Commencement Ceremony at 4 pm on Friday will be streamed live.
Recognition Ceremonies Severe Weather Contingency
College Recognition Ceremonies will be held outdoors in light rain, so please be prepared with umbrellas and rain gear. If it is determined that the weather is too severe (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) to hold an outdoor ceremony, the Recognition Ceremonies will be canceled. All ceremonies are recorded and are available to view after the weekend on the Villanova YouTube Channel.