Principles of Fundraising is offered in collaboration with the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC) and is an exemplarily program for individuals looking to enhance their philanthropic endeavors. Villanova University will award 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) along with a certificate of achievement upon completion of the program, which can be applied towards the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential.
Principles of Fundraising educates individuals on how to:
- Plan, implement and manage an annual giving program.
- Identifying the best multi-media communication strategies and how to adapt your message per each outreach outlet.
- Apply the latest information technology to your fundraising program.
- Organize and host a successful solicitation event.
- Build meaningful, workable relationships with board members and volunteers.
- Assess your current organizations major gifts plan and how to implement better strategies for success through goal setting, strategic outreach, and communication with donors.
Certified Fundraising Executive Credential
Students who successfully complete the Principles of Fundraising program will earn 30 points towards the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) exam. CFRE International certifies experienced fundraising professionals aspiring to the highest standards of ethics, competence, and service to the philanthropic sector.
Learn how to become a CFRE
Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Philadelphia Chapter offers several partial scholarships for this course to individuals employed as fundraising professionals with one to five years of experience in the field. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of organizational need and career potential.
Go to www.afpgpc.org to download an application. The deadline is two weeks prior to the class start date.