By January 2
The Presidential Scholarship Application will be available to the student via email once the nomination is received and the student has completed the online form indicating their interest in consideration for the Presidential Scholarship.
Please note: The Presidential Scholarship Application cannot be submitted until the student has applied to Villanova University through the Common Application.
- To apply, eight short essays need to be completed (word limit is 200 words per essay).
- Essays can be viewed by downloading the application from the email by saving the PDF attachment to your computer.
- Essay responses can be prepared directly on the downloaded fillable PDF document and saved to your computer until they are ready for submission. (To save the application to your computer, use the "Save As" function on Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- To submit your completed application, upload your document using the "Browse" function and then click "Submit."
- Once you click "Submit," your application submission is final and you will no longer have access to the Presidential Scholarship Application.
- You will receive a message on your browser that the application has been submitted successfully and your checklist will be updated to show that your Presidential Scholarship application has been completed.
- The Presidential Scholarship Application must be submitted online through the online application portal by January 2.
Please Note: In the online interest form (included in the nomination confirmation email), students will also be asked if they would like to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students (members of a low-income family - usually Pell Grant eligible, African American/Black, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/Native Alaskan, Asian/Pacific Islander, and those who are the first in their family to pursue a college education).
Students can be considered for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students in addition to the Presidential Scholarship for their respective college (Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Business, or Nursing). Eligibility for the Presidential Scholarship for historically underrepresented students is limited to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. If you are offered an interview for both, we strongly suggest that you consider taking advantage of both opportunities.
Application for the Presidential Scholarship in no way ensures acceptance to Villanova University.