The Presidential Scholars Program (PSP) selection committees take a holistic approach in reviewing applicants and look at multiple criteria, including:
- Academic Achievement - Academic excellence as evidenced by high school course selection and GPA, as well as a high level of achievement on the SAT and/or the ACT.
- Civic Engagement - Demonstrated commitment to service in school and in the civic community
- Expertise in Field/Creativity - Capacity for creative expression and willingness to engage in new ideas
- Leadership - Demonstrated ability to motivate and build consensus to effect change
- Resiliency - Ability to handle systemic challenges and navigate resources to overcome obstacles
In addition to a record of superior academic achievement, we seek evidence of excellence in candidates as persons vigorously engaging in the world around them.