Honors Ambassadors are student recruiters for the Honors Program, who meet with prospective students and their families at various Honors and campus-wide events. Honors Ambassadors also recruit current Villanova students to the Honors Program. Comprised of nearly fifty students from all colleges at Villanova, the Honors Ambassadors are active and dedicated members of the Honors Program who wish to share their experience in Honors with students who are making college decisions and declaring their majors.
Honors Ambassador Events
- Academic Majors Fair
- Early Action Candidates’ Day
- Candidates’ Day
- Afternoon with Honors
- Individual Prospective Student Visits
Requirements for Applicants
- Applicants must demonstrate active participation in the Honors Program (at least 1 class every 3 semesters);
- Applicants must be in good academic standing in the Program (at least a 3.33 GPA);
- Participation in other aspects of the Honors Program is a plus (Honors Council, Curriculum Committee, Peer Advisors, present at social events);
- Applicants should be comfortable speaking in public to large groups and should be knowledgeable about the Honors Program;
- Students from all colleges (Arts, Sciences, Business, Engineering, Nursing) are welcome to apply. The number of Honors Ambassadors per college generally reflects the number of students from each college in the Honors Program;
- All upperclassmen may apply. Current freshmen must wait until the summer before their sophomore year to apply.
To apply to be an Honors Ambassador, please send your résumé and a brief essay detailing why you would like to be an Honors Ambassador and what you can bring to the position, to email@example.com. Applications are accepted at any time, but decisions regarding the position are generally made over the summer or early in the first semester.