VU-SEED LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- This program will offer individually-based curriculum and support system with the understanding that disabililties are varied and that individual consideration of varied abilities is an imperative.
- This program will offer four distinct modules, including an initial 4-day workshop, providing individuals with disabilities the momentum needed to build their own business.
- This program will pre-test and determine individual aptitude, passion and skill level needed to become an entrepreneur.
- This program will identify and educate the participants about navigating through the barriers to start a business, particularly those that often discourage individuals with disabilities away from entrepreneurship.
- This program will review policy tools, resources, and organizations that help people with disabilities own independent businesses.
- This program will work with agencies (Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Small Business Administration, disability advocacy organizations, etc.) to identify resources in the evolution of a business idea.
- This program will provide participants with individual mentoring from the brainstorming phase to the execution of a business idea.