Students will demonstrate knowledge about cultural issues, a sensitive awareness to the norms and values of cultures other than their own, and a willingness to adapt their behaviors to the demands of diverse intercultural situations.
After attending a "Member Development" event in this categorty, please submit the 2017 - 2018 Post-Assessment Form: Intercultural Competence within seven (7) days of attending the event.
The following events will be recognized as Member Development: Intercultural Competence events for the 2017 - 2018 academic year. Check back each week, as this list is constantly updated!
- 8/28 - 9/2: Attending/participating in any event during Multicultural Greek Week
- 8/29, 7 PM, St. Thomas of Villanova Church: Fr. James Martin, S.J. - Building a Bridge: The Church & LGBT Community
- 9/13, 4 PM, Driscoll Auditorium: Race, Religion and Democracy, sponsored by The Office for Mission and Ministry
- 9/19, 7 PM, Villanova Room: St. Thomas of Villanova and One Book Lecture: Eboo Patel, author of Acts of Faith: The Story of an American Muslim, in the Struggle for the Soul of a Generation
- 9/20, 7:30 AM, Villanova Room: CommUNITY Breakfast and NAACP Present Undoing Racism Day
- 9/28, 4 PM, SAC 300: American Apartheid, sponsored by The Office for Mission and Ministry
- 10/17, 12 - 4 PM, Connelly: Check Your Blind Spots
- 10/17, 4 PM, SAC 300: Embracing Racial Intimacy, sponsored by The Office for Mission and Ministry
- 10/20, 7 PM, Cinema: Multicultural Extravaganza
- 11/4, 4:30 PM, St. Mary's Gym: Irish Dance Festival
- 11/8, 6 PM, Garey 10A: #ItGetsBetter: Queer and Trans People of Color Panel
- 11/14, 7:08 PM, Driscoll Hall 134: ThinkHBCU, hosted by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.